You can follow our family on youtube on our many foster-adopt homeschooling adventures https://www.youtube.com/user/krismazy
When we can pick up veggies for a super-great price, we jump all over that… I can some things, freeze some and even dehydrate some… after we get our fill on fresh.
This last week, I picked up 40 pounds of broccoli for $26. My kids love grilled broccoli served with feta cheese.
I did dehydrate about 15 pounds of it in my Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator.
What do I use dehydrated broccoli for, you might ask.
- My kids tend to snack on dehydrated veggies often and LOVE the flavor of dried broccoli.
- We add it to soups, including veggie soup and cheese and broccoli soup.
- I mix it with sour cream and serve with pita or carrots.
- You know that vegetable soup mix that you use to make artichoke dip? Yep… grind it up and put it in there.
- Powder it and put it in your morning slushies.
- I have even stuck it in my blender and added it to bread and cracker dough.
In order to get a good dehydrated batch, cut into bite sized pieces. Soak your cut broccoli in a large bowl with a tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. place on dehydrator trays for 12 hours at 135 degrees or until broccoli is crisp.
I warn you… Broccoli SMELLS when dehydrating! LOLThank you for visiting KrisandLarry.com - We are a homschooling, homesteading family from Arizona.
If you are looking for the FREE Digital Scrapbooking Section, Click Here
We try to stay to a schedule on our website, but that doesn't always happen 😉
Sundays: Bible Study -:- Mondays: Meals and blog hop hosting -:- Tuesdays: Freeze-dry and Summer Crafts with Kids -:- Wednesdays: Digital Scrapbook Freebie, Crafts/Decor -:- Thursdays: Throwback Recipes from the past -:- Fridays: Homeschool/homestead and all about our family -:- Saturdays: Desserts and Tasty Treats
This blog post is shared on You're the Star Blog Hop, Friendship Friday, Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Homestead Blog Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, The Farm Fresh Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday